To BNU or not to BNU

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Thu Apr 28 10:10:40 AEST 1988

Rick Adams has stated he intends to put all useful BNU features into
BSD uucp.  It won't happen tomorrow, tho. :-)  As Rick and Carl do
lots of cooperating, I'm sure any good features Rick does will show
up in Pyramid the following morning.

Pyramid's UUCP is a real winner.  I considered going to HoneyDanBer for
Mirror Systems because of HDB's features, but came up with these
arguments against them:
	I had little enough traffic that I didn't need the per-host
	C./D./D.X directories.

	I didn't need the snazzy security because I only allowed
	three commands (mail, rnews, copy) with hosts I trusted.
	(Oh yeah, we changed our phone numbers often, too :-)

	I got real good support from pyramid!csg; Err, I mean
	from Pyramid Corp.  BNU is "good luck, sucker."

BNU is real sharp, and if you're gonna poke at source it's real
nice:  you don't need Maalox like you do for other UUCP's.

Hope you find this helpful.
	/rich $alz
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.