Pyramid User Group Meeting

Dennis Grittner dennisg at pwcs.StPaul.GOV
Sat May 7 05:19:29 AEST 1988

Sorry for not getting this posted sooner. I have been involved in
trying to become a National Delegate for Mike Dukakis. I came
close but....

Anyhow, I certainly meant to get tell all of you much sooner than
this and I apologize for the lateness. We will be conducting the
PUG meeting at the beginning of Usenix since this was requested
by about 90% of the respondents that sent mail to me.

You can join the Pyramid User group ( PUG ) by paying $25 for an
individual membership or paying $100 for an Organizational
Membership. Individuals must pay $50 for a copy of our software
tape and this is included with the organizational membership.
Organizational Membership includes 5 names ( which can change )
and the software tape. All 'members' can vote on matters before
the body. Hey we're pretty loose when it comes to rules. WE try
to meet at the same time as Usenix int he summer and Uniforum in
the Winter.

This is a copy of an article that Kevin Payne wrote for the
Pyramid newsletter that I'm tagging along . If you
have detailed questions please call Elaine at the phone below.

Article by Kevin Payne

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way that a Pyramid user could meet
with other Pyramid users to share ideas, discuss concerns or just plain
compare notes?  Wouldn't it be nice if, say twice a year, Pyramid users
got  together  to discuss successful projects and software solutions,  see
product  demonstrations, and meet with Pyramid Engineering and Marketing

say, you could get together at major UNIX functions such as UseNIX  and
UNIforum?

If  you answered yes to any of the above questions than please allow me
to  introduce you to the Pyramid Users Group (PUG).  PUG was formed by
Pyramid  users back in 1986.  The PUG meets twice each year to discuss
needs and answers and to share information.  The most recent meeting of  the
PUG  was during UNIforum in Dallas this past February.  Following a PTC
sponsored  breakfast, the newly rejuvenated group added new members and
chose officers for the coming year.

PUG  also had the opportunity to discuss Pyramid hardware, software and
operating  system  updates with Pyramid President Dick  Lussier,  Steve
Tolchin,  VP of Engineering and other Pyramid representatives.  Part of
the  meeting was spent planning the growth and activities of the group.
As  a user, these are a few of the things that you can expect to see in
the  coming  months:   a PUG newsletter, the implementation  of  a  PUG
e-mail  network  and the availability and distribution of  free  public
domain software.

PUG  is  dedicated  to  promoting the needs of  users,  resolving  user
problems   and   increasing   communication    both   between   Pyramid
minimainframe users and between users and PTC.  As expressed by Lussier
in Dallas, the PUG has the complete support of PTC.

The  next  meeting  of the PUG is scheduled for June 20 and 21  in  Mt.
View, California, concurrent with UseNIX in San Francisco.  For a small
amount  of your time and support, the user group will return you  large
amounts  of  shared  ideas, information,  stronger  communications  and
improved service and performance for your system.

Please  plan to attend the next meeting during UseNIX this June 20  and
21.    Please   contact  David  Abajay  at  Oracle   in   Belmont,   CA
(415-598-8000)  or  Elaine  Friedman  at  Pyramid  (415-965-7200)   for
details.   Let  them know what you'd like to see discussed at the  next
meeting!

Feel free to call or e-mail me. Please add
daveg to your cc list at our site here so that one of us will be
sure to get back to you sooner. Thanks again. Before TOO much
longer we will have an 'automated' mailing list for e-mail to ALL
PUG Members and another to ALL PUG Executive Board Members.
Patience please these darned jobs keep getting in the way of....

Oh yeah, I'm the Pres.
--
Dennis Grittner		City of Saint Paul, Minnesota
(612) 298-4402		Room 700, 25 W. 4th St. 55102