gcc for Pyramid

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Thu Apr 13 11:25:16 AEST 1989

>>   Has anyone looked at a gcc implementation for the Pyramid?
>>
>>I understand that it was done inside Pyramid, mostly as an exercise in
>>curiosity, and it worked fine.

Eh? I *thought* I knew everyone who was playing with gcc here, and I've never
heard of anyone doing a gcc backend for the 90x CPU. I can ask around, though.

>Last I heard, Pyramid was uninterested in releasing it because it would
>reveal too much proprietary information about their system.

That would be a pretty silly reason. ;-) If someone at Pyramid were to do a
90x gcc backend, it wouldn't be released because: (a) there would be no point
in supporting it, since Pyramid already has its own C compiler; (b) Pyramid
does not ship software that isn't supported.

<csg>