gcc for Pyramid

Dave Glowacki dglo at clash.ADS.COM
Thu Apr 13 05:49:39 AEST 1989

In article <BOB.89Apr12152036 at allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu> bob at allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) writes:
>In article <1032 at nixctc.DE> pete at relay.NixCtc.de (Pete Delaney) writes:
>   Has anyone looked at a gcc implementation for the Pyramid?
>
>I understand that it was done inside Pyramid, mostly as an exercise in
>curiosity, and it worked fine.  Last I heard, Pyramid was uninterested
>in releasing it because it would reveal too much proprietary
>information about their system.

It was mentioned at the Pyramid Users' Group meeting last June as a
possible future direction.

>Sounds like someone else outside Pyramid will have to go ahead and do
>the work again.

Unfortunately, the documentation on their architecture is only released
under non-disclosure agreements.  I suppose you *could* reverse-engineer
everything with lots of "cc -S" runs...
--
Dave Glowacki          dglo at ads.com          Advanced Decision Systems