Megatape

Erik Ekstr|m erek at helios.enea.se
Mon Aug 21 17:47:17 AEST 1989

I am working on a site with one Pyramid 9035 and one Pyramid 9015.
The 9035 have mirror disks and both of them have one Megatape (500MB)
tapedriver. The controller is IOP/TPE.

We are having very much trouble with the Megatape one both machines.

	1.	Sometimes we get a write error (BOT is found before EOT)
		on the tape (end of tape) when we're using cpio for dumping
		the filesystems.

	2.	We lose the microcode in the TPE once and a while.

	3.	Sometimes we get a systemcrash when we're re trying to
		reload the microcode on the living 9035.

	4.	We get a write error in the middle of the tape quite a few
		times.

	5.	The tape differs quite a lot in length.

Does anyone know anything about these problems?

Erik Ekstr|m - ENEA DATA, Sweden - erek at enea.se