Line length problem with serial printer

Mark Benard mb at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Sat Aug 26 08:26:26 AEST 1989

I have just set up a Postscript printer on a tty port on a IOP/ITP on a 9815
running OSx4.4+.  It works great with most filters that generate Postscript
output, but I have one application that produces command lines with lengths
that often exceed 132 characters.  The system seems to be either truncating
the lines at 132 or inserting other characters that cause the printer to
choke.

I have put in a pw value of 255 in the printcap entry for that printer,
but that does not help.  Should I be modifying the termcap entry for
that tty port, or changing some port characteristic, to enable lines
of length loner than 132 to pass through to the printer intact?

By the way, I know it is not a problem with the printer, because it runs fine
off of a VAX/VMS system with the files from this same application, and there
is nothing I can do about modifying the applcation.

-Mark
--
Mark Benard
Department of Computer Science     INTERNET & BITNET: mb at cs.tulane.edu
Tulane University                  USENET:   rex!mb
New Orleans, LA 70118