uucp file creation in att universe

Greg Hackney news1 at texbell.swbt.com
Tue Aug 22 00:02:37 AEST 1989

There seems to be a bug in the att universe. When
you try to send a file into a Pyramid by use of the
"uuto" command, it fails with "path denied" if the
directories do not exist on the Pyramid. The session
does create the directories, and subsequent attempts
using the very same command will work.

This was a problem on OSx4.1, and <csg> helped us
out with a fix. That was a long time ago, and
when we upgraded to OSX4.4, the fix was wiped
out, and I don't remember what it was. Something
to do with the mkdir command I think. Anyone remember? Carl?
--
Greg Hackney
hack at texbell.swbt.com

"In the morning, laughing, happy fish heads.
 In the evening, swimming in the stew."
     -James Jenks, Sun Microsystems