help with uucp default problem

Martin Boening mboen at nixpbe.UUCP
Tue Aug 15 16:52:37 AEST 1989

grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:

>He said that he saw something (in the documentation?) that indicated that the
>uucp would assert a preference for 'f' on 9600 BPS or faster connections, but
>no way to override this or specify a particular protocol.

>Does anybody know how to bring this sucker under control?

I don't know if this works when you're taking the slave part but I think there
is a possibilty to set the protocol to use in L-devices (or is it Devices
with you).

In L-devices, a line has the format

Caller    Device    Call_Unit    Class    Protocol
					  ^^^^^^^^

Regarding BNU, the comments in Devices say:

#	protocols can be specified as a comma-subfield of the device type
#		either in the Devices file (where device type is field 1)
#		or in the Systems file (where it is field 3).

i.e. you could write something like

ACU,g ...

in your Devices file or something like

dummysys Any ACU,g ...

in your Systems file

However, like I said, I don't know if this has any result when you act as
slave. If it doesn't, have your calling partner also specify protocols in
his configuration files

Martin
--
Email: in the   USA ->  ...!uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mboening.pad
       outside  USA ->  {...!mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!mboening.pad