uucp file creation in att universe

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Tue Aug 22 10:31:49 AEST 1989

In article <428 at texbell.swbt.com> news1 at texbell.swbt.com (Greg Hackney) writes:
>When you try to send a file into a Pyramid by use of the "uuto" command, it
>fails with "path denied" if the directories do not exist on the Pyramid.
>This was a problem on OSx4.1, and <csg> helped us out with a fix. That was a
>long time ago, and when we upgraded to OSX4.4, the fix was wiped out....

You need to get the fixed version of att mkdir; I'm pretty sure RTOC has it as
a PTF. It's only offered on request, since it's a kludge. :-( The fix was ori-
ginally done for OSx 4.4, in fact; I didn't realize you were still on OSx 4.1.
Of course, this problem was fixed permanently in OSx 5.0.

<csg>