Looking for RJE software/hardware

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Fri Nov 10 11:25:48 AEST 1989

>We have a Pyramid 9825, running OSx 4.4c, and are looking for IBM
>connectivity hardware/software that are off the shelf or can be easily
>ported to the Pyramid (we would pay reasonable porting fees) :
>
>    1.	3270 terminal emulation and file transfer via IND$FILE accessed
>	remotely at 4800 bps synchronous dialup (208 a/b).

As I explained to Al Canton earlier, Pyramid has it's own off-the-shelf 3270
package; but he apparently felt our list price of $11,500 was way too high.
(That includes the synchronous interface card.) Perhaps other folks can tell
me what they expect to pay for a 3270 IBM frontend processor for UNIX systems?
Pyramid's is a 56K, full duplex, all-the-bells-and-whistles package; perhaps
there is a significant number of people who just need something low-speed and
cheap? For example, DEC slips a low-speed synchronous port into the DMF-32.

<csg>