vi bsd editor for large screens wanted

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Sat Oct 7 08:45:18 AEST 1989

In article <4626 at ncar.ucar.edu> pack at acdpyr.ucar.edu (Dan Packman) writes:
>Apparently, there is a well known bug in BSD vi in which the scroll region
>is hard-coded corresponding to a 24 line display.

There was a well-known bug that limited you to a *60* line display, but that
was fixed in OSx 3.1 for the DMD5620, which features a 70 line display. We
also have people using large Mac II windows that are otherwise VT-100, and I
think they'd have noticed this problem a long time ago.

I don't have a 32-line VT-100 to try it on, but right off I'd be suspicious
of your Mac VT-100 emulation software having trouble with the change-scroll-
region escape sequence.

<csg>