vi bsd editor for large screens wanted

Karl Kleinpaste karl at giza.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sat Oct 7 07:09:52 AEST 1989

pack at acdpyr.ucar.edu writes:
   Apparently, there is a well known bug in BSD vi in which the scroll region
   is hard-coded corresponding to a 24 line display.  At least under pyramid
   OSX 4.4c, this bug can be seen by editing on a larger display (eg 32 lines
   is a good number).  Create or view a file that fills the page.  Go to lines
   somewhere in the middle of the page and delete a few lines.  The display
   is not properly updated until one does a ^L to force a screen update.

I just tried this on a 9825 running OSx 4.4c on a 52-line xterm using
a random text file.  I did not see the bug you described.  Deleting a
few lines out of the middle of the screen caused things to be filled
properly at the bottom.

???,
--Karl