Upgrade to 5.0

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Sat Oct 14 07:17:55 AEST 1989

In article <918 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> scott at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Scott Hazen Mueller) writes:
>However, it's not that you need a fast (i.e., 10MHz) board set, but that you
>have to upgrade to an AP processor.

No, he was right the first time. You need at least the 'F' version of the SP
processor. We still sell those brand new, y'know (the 9805). The AP is the
real 9800 series CPU, as in 9815, 9825, etc. The XP is the MIServer processor.

>Regarding 5.0 being a dog - I don't think so, but it *is* probably a pig...

Actually a little better than 4.4, because of the new VM. But yeah, you really
want at least 8MB main memory.

<csg>