Is Pyramid's rpcgen broken?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Thu Mar 15 03:55:10 AEST 1990

 >I was trying to apply Pyramid's rpcgen (from OSx 4.4) to some simple examples
 >and kept getting all sorts of error messages about syntax;  to start with it
 >would not accept a 'const' statement.  The same examples compile fine on
 >Suns.  I finally compiled rpcgen from the rpc4.0 source distribution and it
 >works fine on Pyramid.  Is Pyramid's version broken?

Perhaps, but it might just be old.  "rpcgen" changed between the first
SunOS 3.x release in which it appeared, and the SunOS 4.0 release; the
NFSSRC3.x and NFSSRC4.0 versions, and the rpc3.x and rpc4.0 versions,
may also differ in the same way.  I don't remember what the changes
were, but one of them may have been the appearance of "const".