2 MIS Server bugs -- anyone know about these?

Duane Morse duane at anasaz.UUCP
Sun Mar 11 05:53:07 AEST 1990

lint1 seems to have a fixed limit on the number of structure definitions
it can handle, and the number isn't very big.  The lint shell script
points out the line at which it failed but attributes the problem to cpp;
it's really lint1.

A very odd bug I've encountered has to do with a System V semaphore.
If created by a program owned by root and with user setuid set, it can only
be deleted by that program or by someone with "root" privileges, even if the
semaphore has -ra-ra-ra protection. In our instance, the group was NOT root,
but group privileges didn't seem to play any role.

Our machine is an MIS-5/02.
--

Duane Morse	e-mail: duane at anasaz (or ... asuvax!anasaz!duane)
(602) 861-7609