Need help with nlditp problem

Mark Benard mb at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Fri Mar 9 09:42:16 AEST 1990

We have a 9815 running OSx4.4 with 14 terminals attached to ITP ports and do
not want hardware flow control on them;  but we do want hardware flow control
on the other 2 ports that support modems.  A while back I tried to use the
nlditp command to ensure that full CTS hardware flow control was enabled on
the 2 modem ports.  I managed to get the syntax wrong on the first try and
have a situation that I cannot permanently correct.

After we boot to muli-user, init issues error messages on 15 of the 16
ports saying that 'there is no such device or address'.  I can clear
the problem (until the next reboot only) with the nlditp command

/etc/nlditp -c 0x0000 /dev/itp40 /dev/ttyi00 /etc/mcode/i.out

However, when I try putting this command in brc to be run automatically, it
seems to be ignored;  at least it has no effect.  RTOC says that this should
work.  Any ideas?  The command is placed in brc right after the itpload
commands, which is where the sample brc shows such nlditp commands should go.

Also, why should the command above need to be given on each reboot instead
of just once?  We never needed it before (I screwed things up).

I'll also ask the questions:  Is the following the correct command for
enabling full flow control on ttyi01 and ttyi02 (only)?  Should it also work
from brc?  Should it be given on each reboot or just once?

/etc/nlditp -c 0x0006 /dev/itp40 /dev/ttyi00 /etc/mcode/i.out

Thanks, Mark
--
Mark Benard
Department of Computer Science     INTERNET & BITNET: mb at cs.tulane.edu
Tulane University                  USENET:   rex!mb
New Orleans, LA 70118