Quotas

DugalJP jpd at pc.usl.edu
Fri Mar 2 06:35:27 AEST 1990

I believe the quotas file is indexed by UID.  So even if a user is purged
from passwd, u_universe, group, etc. etc. he'll have a non-zero entry in
quotas unless you do something like this before removing him from passwd:
	edquota -p root loginid
which copies the root's quota entries to the about-to-be-deleted user's
entry.  I assume root has no quotas established!

You may want to also check for mailboxes, at jobs, secretmail, etc.
belonging to the users you delete.

Regards,
-- James Dugal
-- James Dugal,	N5KNX		Internet: jpd at usl.edu
Associate Director		Ham packet: n5knx at w5ddl
Computing Center		US Mail: PO Box 42770  Lafayette, LA  70504
University of Southwestern LA.	Tel. 318-231-6417	U.S.A.