Upgrade to OSX 5.0

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at able
Thu Oct 11 02:59:20 AEST 1990

In article <129782 at pyramid.pyramid.com> I said:
>I wouldn't bother with OSx 5.0, though; it's still not stable. Go straight
>to OSx 5.1, which I think has already been shipping for a while.

I should qualify this. There is much third-party software that hasn't been
tested on OSx 5.1, but is known reliable and stable on OSx 5.0. If you are
using a big third-party software packages (like a DBMS, say) you should check
with all parties before upgrading.

I got some flack from people who thought 5.1 was *less* stable than OSx 5.0d
with all PTFs. What can I say? With the machines I use, 5.1 is faster and more
stable. Ask your sales critter or systems engineer for an official answer.

<csg>