Testing new COS & ROFS

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Sat Oct 27 00:39:48 AEST 1990

[ Nixdorf Targon M35/50 TOS 3.2 - Pyramid 9810 OSx 4.0 ]

I plan to upgrade to TOS 3.3 (OSx 4.4) soon.

Before doing the real installation I'd like to configure and test my next
version of COS. I'd also like to boot my TOS 3.3 (OSx 4.4) ROFS tape just to
see it run on my system.

Will/Can I harm my disk file systems by doing the following?:

- Boot the new COS (10.4)
- Configure it for my hardware setup
- Make a few backup copies of the new COS
- Boot new release of Unix from ROFS tape
- Mount (-R) a filesystem from each disk drive and look at files
- Shutdown new release
- Reboot old COS floppy and old Unix from disk

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1