A better way to connect to IBM machines.

Signum Software signum at runxtsa.runx.oz.au
Wed Oct 17 17:07:11 AEST 1990

Do you think it would be interesting to be able to access
applications on a Pyramid from terminals or devices in an
existing SNA network?  This could include, but would not
be limited to, 3270 devices, ATMs, PCs, AS/400s, S/36s etc.

As I understand it, the SNA products available for a Pyramid
system today will let you access applications on an IBM mainframe
from your Pyramid, but won't let you access Pyramid applications
from your IBM system.

I believe there is an LU6.2 product, but that's only interesting
for application to application stuff.

The sort of solution I had in mind would involve a high speed link
between the Pyramid and an NCP, that would give ALL devices in the
SNA network access to the Pyramid, without changing the SNA network
at all.

Alternativley, a link to an AS/400 would give the same benefits for
all the 5250s and applications in the APPN network.

I would really like to here from any Pyramid users that might benefit
from such a beast.

Also, would anyone like to be able to directly connect SNA devices
such as 3274s to their Pyramid system?

Please post any comments on the above, or EMAIL me if you would prefer.

--

Signum Software Pty Ltd                   Phone: +61 2 357 7500
Level 8                                   Fax:   +61 2 357 7130
Sydney 2011                               signum at runxtsa.runx.oz.au
Australia