wanted: ANSI C on a Pyramid

Christopher JS Vance cjsv at ccadfa.adfa.oz.au
Mon Oct 15 15:29:08 AEST 1990

In article <1958 at ccadfa.adfa.oz.au>, I wrote:
> Unfortunately, Pyramid don't seem to be in a hurry to ANSIfy cc, and

I have since been informed, and quite politely :-), that OSx 5.1 comes
with an ANSI compiler.  I assume this means ANSI headers, libraries,
lint, and the works.

> last time I checked, GNU C (1.37.1) admitted that <stdarg.h> uses a
> different parameter passing mechanism than the Pyramid compiler and
> therefore the library.  Programming without printf can get boring :-(.

I have also been informed that such functions work provided you don't
have a declaration in scope which uses the ellipsis notation.  I assume
this is illegal, even if it is the pragmatic thing to do.  #ifdef time...

-- Christopher