X11R4 for pyramid

Tom Adams - 235-7459 adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Sun Sep 9 13:27:03 AEST 1990

In article <Sep.8.22.26.47.1990.7376 at athos.rutgers.edu> hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick) writes:
>xterm, emacs, and xauth certainly work, and X11R3 worked.  So I don't
>expect serious problems.  Of course there's the usual problem that
>programs that prompt for passwords fail.  This seems to be a bug in
>the Pyramid tty support, which has been around for many releases of
>both OSx and X11.  I haven't built any of the contributed software

The base stuff installed easily here also. I'm very curious about
Xchess on 4.4 given that mine compiled easily but doesn't work.
Also, if anyone else is using NCD terminals and trying to get xproof
going, the fonts that xproof to load need to be changed.  As to the
/dev/tty problem that hoses getpass(3) (and pg(1), nastily) I've been
using the "screen" utility (comp.sources - long ago) to get around
this problem until our soon to happen upgrade to 5.0.

uunet!swbatl!adams or adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Tom Adams: 314-235-7459: Southwestern Bell Telephone Advanced Technology Lab
BOOKS WANTED: pre-1930 radio, electrical & scientific topics