X11R4 for pyramid

Charles Hedrick hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu
Sun Sep 9 12:26:48 AEST 1990

I've just finished building the X11R4 distribution from the MIT source
on our Pyramid (under OSx 4.4).  I haven't tested it seriously, but
xterm, emacs, and xauth certainly work, and X11R3 worked.  So I don't
expect serious problems.  Of course there's the usual problem that
programs that prompt for passwords fail.  This seems to be a bug in
the Pyramid tty support, which has been around for many releases of
both OSx and X11.  I haven't built any of the contributed software
(largely because there doesn't seem to be a single makefile that will
do it).  Is there interest in having me make this available for public
FTP?  Because of the size, I'm not willing to make it available other
than via FTP.