xterm /dev/tty fix

Tom Adams - 235-7459 adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Tue Sep 11 23:00:00 AEST 1990

In article <607 at bohra.cpg.oz> ejp at bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) writes:
>In article <KARL.90Sep10102251 at giza.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl_kleinpaste at cis.ohio-state.edu writes:

>*Details for porting X11R4 to the att universe are available from me on
>request. If there's enough interest, I will post here.

I'm curious about the more general problem of resolving references to network
facilities when code is compiled in the AT&T universe.  It's easy enough
when all the references are in a seperate source module, but when someone
mixes networking code with AT&T specific stuff in the same source module
it's a real pain to get going.   Has anyone been able to pull all the
networking stuff into a seperate object library? I've started a few times
and gotten hung up at different places.  This comes up regularly here when
moving code from Sys V machines with added networking facilities.
uunet!swbatl!adams or adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Tom Adams: 314-235-7459: Southwestern Bell Telephone Advanced Technology Lab
BOOKS WANTED: pre-1930 radio, electrical & scientific topics