Targon/35: talk and sysline dont run correct / not

Root Boy Jim rbj at uunet.UU.NET
Wed Jan 30 12:56:24 AEST 1991

In article <142844 at pyramid.pyramid.com> cal at pyrtech.pyramid.com (Craig Alan Levin) writes:
>In article <tc14bot.664816154 at snimuc> tc14bot at snimuc.tc14.stm.sni.de (Richard Bothe) writes:
>>on our Targon/35 TOS 3.3.08 talk and sysline dont run well.
>>
>>1)   sysline says: No status capability for <term> and exits.
>>     I tried TERM=ba80-08, dap4x, vt100; no one worked.
>>     Is there a special termcap entry (which) ?

I've never heard of a ba80-08 or dap4x. The vt100 has a settable
scrolling region and two termcap entrys which use the top and
bottom line for a status line. You only get 23 lines left over.

Unless Pyramid is different, TERM should be one word, not three.

>>2)   talk user (or ucb talk user) says:
>>     [Your Party is not logged on]
>>     and exits
>>     (of course the user is logged on!)

You may also have to use ntalk for different machines,
and you may want to use it even for local talking.
--

	Root Boy Jim Cottrell <rbj at uunet.uu.net>
	Close the gap of the dark year in between