ksh on 4D

Michael L. Johnson mlj8e at dale.acc.Virginia.EDU
Tue Jul 19 05:21:46 AEST 1988

I have been trying to get the Korn shell "ksh" to run on my 4D/70
(software release 2.2) and I
need help.  If I "make" it for system V then the wild card expansion
in statements like "rm *.o" does not work correctly.  If I make it for BSD
then it thinks that I should have job control.  My local unix guru
tells me that I need to "fix the source code".

I am very new at unix and/or silicon graphics and quite frankly I need help.
Does anyone have a working version of ksh and/or the patched source code
for the 4D?  We have what my academic computing center claims to be a
"site license" for ksh so it would actually be legal for me to get it
from almost any source.

Thanks for your help.
                                     Michael L. Johnson
                                     mlj8e at mljsg.pharm.Virginia.EDU
(804)-924-2496                   Michael L. Johnson
mlj8e at virginia.EDU               Pharmacology Dept.
uunet!virginia!mlj8e             Box 448; Univ. of Va.
mlj8e at virginia.BITNET            Charlottesville, Va. 22908