virus how to

Miq Millman miq at chromavac.SGI.COM
Sat Nov 5 04:26:53 AEST 1988

Ok, now I bet a few of you are wondering what to do with the five parts of
sendmail I posted.  Well, just follow these instructions:

1) save each article without the header as a file called send? where ?
corresponds to the part of the whole that article is (send1 send2 send3 send4
send5)

2) edit each of the articles with your favorite editor and delete all lines
above ------------cut here------------ and the lines of my .signature

3) cat the files together into one file (or use an editor) so that you now
have a single file about 293000 characters long with the first line reading
begin 644 sendmail
and the last line reading
end

4) uudecode the file with the command "uudecode <filename_of_all_5_parts>"

5) put this new sendmail in /usr/lib as sendmail

6) cross your fingers and hope the virus doesn't get you.

Disclaimer:  SGI knows nothing about my doings except that I show up to work
each day for at least 40 hours a week.  These postings are no exception, and
if they don't save you from the virus, well I told you to disconnect your
machine from all networks to be really safe, didn't I.

--
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
"Oh thank you thank you thank you"  {hug}