reading/writing iris objects

Glenn Randers-Pehrson, WMB glennrp at BRL.MIL
Fri Nov 18 23:45:55 AEST 1988

This is a repeat of a request I made a few months ago.

I would like to be able to write an object display list out on a file for
later retrieval.

The Fortran subroutines to do this would look like

	subroutine writeo(object,file)
        integer object,file
c       writes object number "object" on Fortran logical unit "file"
        .
        .
        .
        end

	subroutine readob(object,file)
        integer object,file
c       reads object number "object" from Fortran logical unit "file"
        .
        .
        .
        end

Would someone consider putting together such subroutines, or
else let me see the source for subroutine callob, from which I might be
able to figure out how to write the routines I need?  Has anyone done
this already?  Is there any documentation available showing how display
lists are stored?  Thanks... Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp at brl.mil>