dog, radar, shadow, etc. & tcp/ip

Bates TAD/HRNAB ms294 x2601 blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV
Wed Nov 16 00:56:46 AEST 1988

     We have GL2-W3.6 on an IRIS 3130 and I have tried to run the dog
demo, but it dies with the following error: Ethernet init failed.
The workstation release notes says that dog works on an IRIS running
NFS or TCP/IP.  Does it or doesn't it.  Am I doing something wrong,
do I have system configured wrong, or what.  I know this is minor,
but if this doesn't work, I kind of wonder if there is anything else
that I have missed that doesn't work either.  Thanks.