videotaping from the iris

Stephen King king at client2.dciem.dnd.ca
Sat Nov 5 06:49:18 AEST 1988

In article <8811020355.aa14353 at SPARK.BRL.MIL> phil at BRL.MIL (Phil Dykstra) writes:
> [...] You get the lower left hand corner of the screen
>(~640x480 pixels).

I must confess, I am somewhat confused by this. Admittedly, we have not run
our IRIS at NTSC rates for some time, but I am sure that such S/W as the
ARCH demo produced a full screen. Could it depend on the model ? (ours is
an old 2400)

> [...] Why is because the SGI
>board outputs a fully positive video signal (i.e. blanking is around
>+0.3V) rather than a bipolar signal with blanking at 0VDC.

Have you tried AC coupling the thing with some large capacitors?    :-)

  {utzoo|mnetor}!dciem!zorac!dretor!king  or  king%dretor at zorac.dciem.dnd.ca
  Stephen J King   =-=   DCIEM Human Factors Division   =-=   (416) 635-2149