SGI Hotline

Trevor Paquette paquette at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Feb 22 07:27:44 AEST 1989

   This is actually directed to the people at Silicon Graphics, however
I though I'd let everyone know in order to save them some time.

   When there is holiday in the United States everone running the
Geometry Hotline goes on Holiday.. (what else?). HOWEVER for those
of us who are outside of the US and do now know about these holidays,
this can be a real pain. Why?? Because they leave the Hotline number
OPEN.. IE you call the Hotline number (1-800-345-0222) and get the
recording on the other end saying something to the effect that..

"Thank you for call ing the Silicon Graphics Geometry Hotline. Please
wait and your call will be taken in the order it was recieved."

  You are then put on hold with some nice music to listen to (which is
alot better then the computer generated stuff that they used to play)
and you wait and wait and wait.. get the picture??

   Can somethere inform someone of this and change the telephone message
when a holiday occurs? Though I'd save SGI a BIG phone bill in case
someone decides to leave their phone off the hook..

     Trev