gammaramp()

Mike Muuss mike at BRL.MIL
Sun Feb 26 17:01:57 AEST 1989

After some additional searching, I encountered the routine gammaramp(),
which contrary to my earlier claims IS doccumented, just not cross-
referenced very well.  (Oh, if only SGI supported "man -k").

On the GTX and Personal Iris, this allows applying an arbitrary color
map to the entire screen (not just the current window).  For my application,
this is entirely satisfactory, and it is WONDERFUL having a hardware
colormap on an SGI!

This feature, combined with rectzoom/rectcopy, has made the SGI 4d
into a reasonably tolerable frame buffer, finally!  Thanks SGI!
	Best,
	 -Mike