HELP! Building gnuemacs 18.52 on a 4server8

Thomas Russo phib412 at ut-emx.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 07:35:44 AEST 1989

I've been trying to build gnu emacs 18.52 on our SGI box all day. I've
pulled the distribution off of uunet.uu.net, and used the .h files posted
several weeks ago to get it to compile. I issue make from the top of emacs'
tree, and it make all of the stuff in etc, compiles and links temac, does the
make-docfile, then tries to do a ./temacs -batch -l inc-vers. At this time it says:

Warning: lisp library (/usr/local/emacs/lisp) does not exist
Warning: executable/documentation dir (/usr/local/emacs/etc/) does not exist.
Memory exhausted

*** Error code -1

Has anyone out there built emacs on a 4server8? Anyone encountered this type
of problem before? Anyone _solved_ it??

--tvr
------
Thomas Russo