Gripes

JORDAN at gmr.COM JORDAN at gmr.COM
Tue May 16 08:38:00 AEST 1989

I understand that everyone out there in Computer Land cannot type, and
many times do not wish to correct errors on previous lines, BUT there is
a general butchering of the English language occuring here that I simply
can withstand no longer!!

Just some tips, we do not have to discuss this topic for days (unless
totally necessary).  It does take away the true purpose of this BBS, but
can improve one's career.

The word "your" represents ownership, "you're" means "you are"; therefore,
"Your going to the zoo" makes no sense, and may label one negatively when
written as such.

Also, "their" represents ownership, "they're" represents "they are" and,
"there" is anything else but the other two!!

O.K. now it is off my chest.  thank you.

t. p. mugabi-jordan
gm systems engineering
1151 crooks
troy, michigan