Next Software Release

Mike York zombie at voodoo.UUCP
Wed May 3 01:14:02 AEST 1989

Does anybody at SGI care to comment about the availibility of the next
software release?  We currently have 70 machines (4D/60T's, 4D/20's and
4D/70GT's).  These machines are running various releases of the OS (2.2,
3.1D and 3.1E).  We want to start upgrading all machines to 3.1E, which
means loading tapes on 67 machines.  Our concern is that after this
effort, SGI will release 3.1x, and we'll have to repeat the entire process.
Then we'll probably get 3.2 :-)...

Can anyone at SGI offer some advice?

--
Mike York
Boeing Computer Services, Renton, Washington