Background /Versions of O.S.

Dennis Linse djlinse at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue May 2 14:15:39 AEST 1989

In article <31649 at sgi.SGI.COM> msc at ramoth.SGI.COM (Mark Callow) writes:
>In article <8904291619.AA18057 at zorac.DCIEM.DND.CA>, tim at ZORAC.DCIEM.DND.CA (Tim Pointing) writes:
>> How do I tell which revision of the O.S. is running on my 4D/20.
>
>If all you see is a long string of numbers then you have release 3.1 Rev C
>or earlier.

Well, now I know that our 4D/20 that arrived today (May 1) is running
release 3.1 Rev C.  Should this upset me?  Should a brand new machine
arrive with Rev D?  More simple (maybe :-), what are the big differences
between Rev C and Rev D?  (While I have been reading this group for a
while, it is only today that the difference seems important.  Funny how
a new machine will get ones attention.)

Thanks,
Dennis
--
Found at the top of a looonnng homework assignment:
   "Activity is the only road to knowledge"  G.B. Shaw