terminal emulation and tn3270

David Fenstemaker davidf at colnago.SGI.COM
Tue May 2 08:21:15 AEST 1989

I am the manager of the group that is responsible for our IBM
connectivity products, which include a coax 3270 emulator, an
SNA gateway supporting 3270, 3770, and LU6.2, and a 5080 emulator.

We plan on porting tn3270 to our workstation in the very near future.

We will get it to work initially to a IBM 9370, running TCP/IP
over one of IBM's ethernet adapters.

I imagine if we make it a product, we will charge for it, and
maintain it. Otherwise, we will probably just give the source away.

We will be looking for people to help us test the code in
different environments.

I know this doesn't solve any immediate needs but I thought I would
let you know we feel we should have a working tn3270.

David Fenstemaker