Window Movement Frequency (was X Window System performance on Iris)

Joe Garbarino jgarb at CSD360B.ERIM.ORG
Sat May 13 04:36:12 AEST 1989

Forest Baskett of SGI says:
> not use too many CPU cycles, and do menus and such tools quickly.  Most
> people I know don't move or resize windows very many times per minute/
> hour/day so the speed of those operations is not especially critical...

Is it true that you Iris users out there don't move windows very
often?  I have to admit that my use of window systems may be different
than the typical Iris user.  I often have many windows open at the
same time, causing them to overlap, become obscured, etc.  What do you
other Iris users think about this??  Am I in the minority or the
majority?  Would it be irritating to you to spend twenty seconds
moving a window as it now takes in the currently available X Window
System implementation?  Let's hear from others on this issue.

					Joe Garbarino
					ERIM
					P.O. Box 8618
					Ann Arbor, Mi.  48107