Tmesh problems on 4D25-TG

Knobi der Rechnerschrat XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET
Tue Jun 5 23:11:17 AEST 1990

Hallo,

  on Friday I tried to put our molecular modelling package MOLCAD onto an
4D/25 with the "turbo graphics" option installed. During that process I
discovered the following behaviour:

  The molecular surfaces in MOLCAD are build from triangular meshes and
lighted using the sgi lighting model. The surfaces can be either monocolor
or multicolor. In the latter case each vertext has (worst case) a different
material assigned to. On the G,GT,GTX and nod-TG PI's, this gives a soft
scattering of the used colors. On the TG, the monocolored meshed look ok.
The multicolored meshes on the other hand look flat, and you can see each
triangle. It seems that only the last (first) color is used to display the
triangle and that no lighting is done (may be, the normals are broken).

  Does this sound familiar? The machine is running 3.2.2 and is equipped with
the RE2 chip set.

Regards
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt