What does winopen(3G) do?

Steve Lamont spl at duck.ncsc.org
Mon Jun 4 21:02:11 AEST 1990

In article <8315 at odin.corp.sgi.com> wade at fnord.sgi.com (Wade Olsen) writes:
<In article <2238 at speedy.mcnc.org> spl at duck.ncsc.org (Steve Lamont) writes:
<
<>Pardon my puzzlement, but what are the comparative advantages of forking or
<>not forking upon winopen()?
<
<Graphics programs that don't fork are a pain because they tie up the shell
<from which they were invoked (i.e. you get no shell prompt until the graphics
<program exits).  You could just remember to run them in background by appending
<and ampersand to the invocation line, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hmmm.  I just open another window.  I usually have about ten windows open
anyhow.

							spl (the p stands for
							phorked up...)
Steve Lamont, sciViGuy	(919) 248-1120		EMail:	spl at ncsc.org
NCSC (The other one), Box 12889, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
"It's not a question of whose habitat it is, it's a question of how hard you
hit it."		-Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"