SGI/Sun mountd errors (was Re: Power Series Iris as NFS file server?)

Jack P. Weldon jweldon at renegade.sgi.com
Fri Jun 8 02:38:45 AEST 1990

In article <41945 at brunix.UUCP> sgf at cfm.brown.edu (Sam Fulcomer) writes:
>In article <8441 at odin.corp.sgi.com> jweldon at renegade.sgi.com (Jack P. Weldon) writes:
>>There is a problem with Sun's backoff algorithm in 4.1 mountd, and Sun has
>>
>>*********************************************************************
>>The result is that SunOS4.1 clients cannot NFS mount SGI filesystems.
>>*********************************************************************
>>

>Hmmm..., Well, while we're waiting for the SGI "break" there're two easy solutions:

[code deleted]

No break necessary--it is Sun's bug, not SGI's. We are just trying to create
a workaround in our code for those folks who cannot get a fix from Sun.

PS: Sun has fixed the bug, and will fedex a new /etc/mount to anyone who
has support.  Just give them a call.

Cheers,
			        	Mouthletic (mowth' let ik)
Jack P. Weldon             adj. Having the useless talent of being able to
(jweldon at sgi.com)          twist a cherry stem into a knot with one's tongue.