happy with workspace.

root at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU root at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU
Fri Jun 29 01:36:43 AEST 1990

Finally figured out templating. Think I  have workspace under control. Took
about 2 days to get the hang of it, and figure out how to do what I wanted,
which was a little different from what it is normally asked.

I am using iconsmith to pound out a large number of silly icons. I am
too happy with workspace to worry about iconsmith. Can't get lots of things
to work the way it should, but I get somthing cute looking everytime. Looks
like abstract modern art. But the main point is that each function should
have a distinctive look and feel, no matter how abstract. Makes my
application look less frayed around the user interface end. How to clean
up my code so that the prog does what is expected of it. Now I will rewrite
a lot of the gui stuff now that I don't have to worry about stuff
that workspace will take care of for me (validating files, input lists,
file housekeeping,etc.etc. Have noticed that edge get frayed at the edges
of the edge windows when stacked on workspace windows. BUT, I am happy
with what I got. Now to upgrade to 3.3... later this week.

Thank you for your patience with my irate and confusing e-mail. Now we
all can get back to work. If you would like me to review your documentation,
I would be happy to. I should warn you that if I understand it, a brick
will understand it. I found that my limited experience with mac's was
most useful for understanding how to 1) create /edit dir/file names. Unix
is not similar to that at all. 2)move stuff around arrange my desktop 2)
put away(not remove) icons. 4) write shell scripts for each function icon
on the workspace desk. Now if my 14month daughter can use my program with
your workspace, then I know it is ready for production...

dan.
| karron at nyu.edu                          Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |