software Z-buffer emulation

Loki Jorgenson Rm421 loki at physics.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 5 04:11:19 AEST 1990

	Is there a way to emulate the capabilities of a Z-buffer
wothout having one?  Typically, for machines without floating point
processors one has floating point software emulation.  Can one
do something similar so that one can port Z-buffer based code
directly to non-Z'd machines?

	I suspect not if I understand Z-buffers aright but I would hate
to muck about in my ignorance if it were not the case.

Regards,

Loki Jorgenson			node:  loki at physics.mcgill.ca
Physics, McGill University	fax:   (514) 398-3733
Montreal Quebec CANADA		phone: (514) 398-6531

  <....  Free the mind and the police will surely follow  ....>