Bash for the Iris

Tom Weinstein tomw at orac.esd.sgi.com
Wed Jun 6 04:06:27 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun5.234629.8336 at cs.umn.edu>, meuer at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Mark V. Meuer) writes:
> Has anyone ported GNU's bash to the Iris WITH job control?  If so, I'd
> really appreciate pointers to the source (or a binary for that
> matter.)  We can get it to compile if we disable job control, but I
> know that the Iris supports job control so it's frustrating to have to
> go without it.

> Thanks!

I have ported bash to the Iris.  The changes will be in 1.06, which
Brian should be releasing fairly soon.  However, the changes I made have
only been tested with the pre-release Irix 3.3, and it will definitely
require at least some changes to make it work under 3.2.

If you won't be able to get 3.3 when it ships, it shouldn't be too
difficult to make it work with 3.2.

--
Tom Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
tomw at orac.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.