4Dgifts account kills console...

tim anderson tima at polari.UUCP
Wed Jun 6 03:19:16 AEST 1990

I've been having a pretty strange problem that my UNIX illiterate brain
can't quite figure out...

Whenever I log in to 4Dgifts, I get the little icons that come up on the
upper right hand of the screen, then the big 'wsh' window comes up, then
the smaller 'console' window comes up, then the console window goes away.

When looking at /usr/adm/SYSLOG it sez:

Child process /bin/wsh exited with status 0
CIO: wsh: can't start command "" -- Permission denied (13)

After hacking a bit, I found the problem was in executing
/etc/gl/startconsole
as stated in the 4Dgifts .4sight/console.ps file. What's going on??
The file permission on /etc/gl/startconsole is OK, or I couldn't run it
to begin with, right?

I'm lost...
SGI hotline call ID E0200

tima at polari