Named question

Knobi der Rechnerschrat XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET
Wed Jun 27 17:47:54 AEST 1990

Hallo,

  I've just (thanks to the Examples) got the 3.3 named server up and running
for our LAN. I have a question that I couldn't figure out from the docu-
mentation (I fear the answer is no), but maybe some named guru can help me.

  On our LAN we have a couple of TCP/IP terminalservers. They are used to
allow flexible terminal access to telnet-able hosts and (now the difficulties
start) to provide service for computers not on the net. To do this, the
computer is connected to one of the servers async ports and the server sets
up a telnet service waiting on that port. To distinguis the ports (computers)
the server waits on different tcp port-numbers (e.g 4711 instead of 23).

 The question: is there a way to generate a named entry that tells the
requesting world that

  host xyz has IP address a.b.c.d and is waiting for telnet on port 4711 ?

Any help is highly welcome

Regards
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt