Getting FrameMaker to display on an SGI

Vasile R. Montan vrm at cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu
Wed Jun 27 23:37:43 AEST 1990

  Has anyone had any success in getting FrameMaker to display on an SGI
machine?  I am running it on a Sun 4.  I was getting the error:

	maker: using /usr01/frame/.makerinit
	maker: Cannot allocate colors.  Aborting.

However, someone suggested that I use adjacent colors for the
background and foreground and using '-fg black -bg red' I would get
past this error.  There are still some problems in that the text on
buttons does not show up,  the tops of capital letters are cut of, and
when I quit, all my X clients are killed.

   If anyone has had similar problems and knows a way around them,
could you pass along your solution.  Also if you never had a problem
displaying FrameMaker on an SGI, could you send me a description of
what you do.

   Thanks,

-- Vasile