Gnu emacs and tektronix 4115 on SGI

James Zurlo jz0t+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 8 04:23:09 AEST 1990

I just got a Tektronix 4115 terminal that I've hooked
up to a SGI Personal Iris.  I can't seem to make gnu emacs
work quite right with the 4115.  It just beeps when I type
Ctrl-x Ctrl-s, or just about any other ctrl characters.  Is
the terminfo file missing some crucial information, or have
I not set the terminal up correctly?  (I do a 'setenv TERM tek4115'
as soon as I log on, so that isn't the problem.  I also go into
setup mode on the terminal and type 'load screen'.  There is a
file called 'screen' on one of the floppy discs that came with
the terminal.  I don't know what is in that file since I can't
figure out how to edit a file on floppy.  I do know that it seems
to put the terminal in some sort of non-graphics mode. )

Please respond to me directly since I don't read all of these
news groups.  Thanks for any help you can provide.
Jim
jz0t+ at andrew.cmu.edu