OOP on SGI : query

Dave Ciemiewicz ciemo at bananapc.wpd.sgi.com
Tue Jun 12 08:42:50 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun11.135518.7547 at hellgate.utah.edu>,
ridsdale%knobs.utah.edu at cs.utah.edu (Gary J Ridsdale) writes:

> What OOP compilers are available for Irises? I'm mostly looking for
> complete systems, with source-level debugging, etc. Also, interpretive
> systems, such as SmallTalk, would be of interest. Commercial or
> public domain is fine.
>
> Any knowledge or experience with OOP on Irises would be of interest, and
> I will summarize the results to the net.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gary Ridsdale

C++ is available from SGI.  Contact your local sales rep.  dbx debugging is
supported.

GNU Smalltalk was very recently released and is available via anonymous ftp
from prep.ai.mit.edu.  The 1.0 version was ported to the IRIS-4D.  The more
recent version 1.1 release has not yet been compiled and tested on the 4D
(as far as I know).

							--- Ciemo