relocation out-of-range error during linking!

Russell Taylor taylorr at glycine.cs.unc.edu
Wed Jun 13 04:55:15 AEST 1990

	We have an IRIS 4D workstation running OS 3.2.2.

	When I am trying to compile a system of object files and libraries
into a program, I am getting the following errors from the loader:

Warning: jump relocation out-of-range, bad object file produced, can't jump from
 0x427080 to 0x10033ce8 (index)
Warning: jump relocation out-of-range, bad object file produced, can't jump from
 0x4271dc to 0x10033ce8 (index)
Warning: jump relocation out-of-range, bad object file produced, can't jump from
 0x42729c to 0x10033ce8 (index)
Warning: jump relocation out-of-range, bad object file produced, can't jump from
 0x427c88 to 0x10033ce8 (index)

	There are many files in the system, so the resultant code may be
very large.  I assume that this is what is giving the loader trouble.  Is
there a way to make it take 'long jumps' or something to fix this problem?

	The code compiles and runs fine on a sun4.

	Thanks,
	Russell Taylor
	(taylorr at cs.unc.edu)